On the day of the TV Soap Awards, the saturated red duke tefloned version at Wray Crescent would take some beating with a game total tally of 11 dropped catches. At least when PP were in the field it was dry.
The rain only began as mizzle during the ineterval & by the end in the now heavy rain, the captain had had enough & left the field - we were all thoroughly soaked through & miserable
Back to a the soap storyboard - perhaps a budding script writer would like to incorporate the following:-1. Some super pffafing by PP especially the keeper Abs which lead to a 35 minute delayed start.
2. Vikesh at 1st slip breaking his thumb in 3 places whilst dropping Hollman
3 .Cover fielder Woblah having his jaw smashed by Rob Bastin's powerfully hit cover drive & he wasn't even that close to the bat. !
4. A stolen pizza moped driven to smash just beyond the boundary.
5. Jon Webley scoring another unbeaten imperious 100.
6. Rob Bastin continuing his extrordinary form with 66.
7. Another overs games reduced while Pacific batted (see points 1, 2 & 3) but does anyone apply the DL revised target ??
8. An extrordinary batting reply which weather & sane judgement allowing never left any in doubt that PP's batting would win it
9. James Smith quoting that "this is the worst XXX game I have played in."
10. Shoe In Kit Man Matt Holliday having lefta 1.52pm message that he'd overslept took a wicket with his 1st ball
XI:- Rob Bastin, James Gleadow, Matt Holliday, Peter Hollman, Steve Lay*, Lahri Mohammed, James Smith, Jon Webley, Stan McLeod, Matt Patel, Ben Gibson.